Tuesday 3 January 2017

New year's letter

New year has come.

Do you have any resolutions? I do have some, but I’m not going to tell you what I have decided to do. Otherwise it will not fulfil. 

I want to tell you about something else, something I like to do on the first day of the new year: about writing a letter. You can choose the topic. I usually write things I would like to do in a new year and I write something that I would like to remind to myself-in-a-year. Then you close the envelope and hide it. And wait all year long. After 365 days you open it and check what has happened. It’s really nice to read the letter on the last day of an old year and to sum up everything you have done. 
 
This year I did it too and my letter waits for me in my special box. This year I decided to choose resolutions that I will be able to check. Because resolutions like ‘eat healthier’ or ‘do more exercises’ are quite difficult to validate. 

And you? Any resolutions? Or maybe, even, a revolution? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment