Sunday 8 January 2017

Notorious feminists

I am a woman and I can breathe, think, feel, get harmed. I can study, work, get some rest, enjoy. I can hurt, shout, fight. A part of physical differences, what is it that makes me worth less than a man? 

Some people thinks I am a feminist in the strange meaning of this word: a woman who hates men, wants to be served by men, doesn’t want to cook, clean or shop. When I say I am a feminist, they look at me as if I were from the other planet. In those moments I feel quite confused. Because everybody who can think should be aware of the fact that feminists don’t have to hate men or refuse to cook. 

Let me explain: I like men (or some of them). And I like women (or some of them). Equally. Both men and women are able to work, to carry out family duties, to take care of children, to cook, to THINK, to BE FAIR. Of course: men cannot give birth to children and women can’t possibly carry  very heavy staff. But a part of those small (actually) aspects, we are all the same. 

So what can I think of all the men or women who think differently? Who limit other’s rights and bereave a chance for fulfilling one’s dreams? I can only suppose they don’t understand and that their minds cannot comprehend this problem. 

Sorry. And in the end I can only echo what Alicia Keys said one day:

"[I am a feminist because it's about] 'the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of political, social and economic equality'. "Whoever isn't [a feminist] is crazy."

No comments:

Post a Comment