Thursday 3 November 2016

La migliore offerta

I like to get surprised by movies. And it happens rather rarely. Because if you have seen hundreds of movies in your life you know the basic structures of scenario, the way the directors create suspense and the sequences that repeat in almost every movie. 

For example, romantic commedies: at the beginning there are two people who meet (ussually in very romantic circumstances). They fall in love with each other. Then, (not) by surprise happens something that make them grow apart or argue or break. But, fortunately, they make peace – and finally we have a happy end, full of tears and love. 

Horrors? I will not tell you much, because I don’t watch them, it’s not my favourite movie genre. Anyway, everybody knows that if everything begins with very positive and happy scenes it’s because in two seconds something horrible will happen: maybe some zombies will come out of tombs, or a blind monster will attack somebody, or maybe misterious accidents will tangle fates of movie characters. 

But some movies are really worth watching. Those films do not have an obvious plot and in the moments that we expect something evident will happen... happens something absolutely unbelievable and when the movie ends you sit in your chair, speakless, staring at the final credits and unable to understand what you have just seen. 

And since the aim of that kind of movies is, as I have said, to surprise – I will not tell you what the movie “La migliore offerta” is about. But I recommand it. 

I was absolutely astonished.

1 comment: