Thursday 26 May 2016

Future job


I the future I would like to be a translator, but not the one who spends all their life in front of the computer and translates hundreds of pages. I need to contact other people to feel good. I discovered that I could not work as a closed-at-home-translator when I accepted a job offered to me by my boss when I was doing an internship at the Italian translation and localization office in Bologna. When I worked there, among different people, I felt really well. But when I started to work here, in PoznaƄ, via Internet, it was a disaster. I was feeling like a prisoner, chained to the laptop, alienated and sad. This experience helped me to make some important decisions: I want to work with people, I want to translate, but there must be a balance.

I think that the best work would be if I could translate some documents, books and so on, but also meet clients, talk to the people, have a trip sometimes. I have made sure that it is a good choice also since I teach Italian:  it is really great to see the people’s reaction, to talk to them, even to talk about something that completely departs from the subject.

So, balance, balance, balance. This is the answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment