Monday 30 May 2016

Pictures and their interpretation

Do you remember your maturity exam? I do, I was really anxious. Not because I didn't study - I studied a lot - but because of the Polish exam in which we had to interpret one or two texts. It was a strange task, because I always thought something different than my Polish teacher. 

Then, when I studied psychology, I heard that it is completely normal. Everybody has different life experiences and sees the world through them. Let's make a simple example. The boy A had a very happy childhood: he spent it with his friends, playing games, riding a bike, having fun. The boy B was kept at home: he could not go out to play with his friends because he could have get a cold. Years later those two men: A and B, see the same picture of a boy who looks out of almost-closed door of a shed. His face is covered by a shadow so it's hard to precise his facial expression. What will those men say if they are asked to interpret the picture? The man A will say: 'this boy plays hide and seek game and he tries to guess where is the catching-person'. The man B will say: 'this boy is disappointed because he would like to get out but he cannot - his mother told him not to do it'. 

So, if everybody sees the world the other way round, what do we interpret the world for??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment