Saturday 19 November 2016

Sobota all'italiana

Today is a special day for me because for the first time in history I will be a guide. 

As a scientific circle we have organised a trip whose aim is to show to people Italian accents in architecture in Poznań. This interesting idea was inspired by a lecture of Maria Lamberti, who told us a lot of intriguing things about this city and how much it was influenced by Italian artists. 

At the beginning I thought that it might be interesting but I wasn’t convinced if it would really be appreciated. But there are a lot of people who thinks it is really cool to know something new about our city – or, better, to get to know it from the other point of view. 

When I was preparing for the presentation I discovered a lot of really fascinating information from old documents – for example, regarding Waga Miejska which actually had many functions in the past: it was a house, a place where merchants could weigh their goods, restaurant, city hall and even armoury! It is really nice to know so much about places you go by frequently. 

I cannot wait to hear also my friend’s presentations: it is going to be fun. And after 2 hours walk we are going to get warm, eat and drink something in one of the new places on the map of Poznań – the new Italian pizzeria. And I think it is going to be a great time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment